So what equipment do I use?
- Lee Oskar harmonicas. Early adopter; discovered them in 1986 and never looked back.
- Nady VHM-7 harmonica mic. Won’t work if you want that overdriven Little-Walter-from-Hell sound, though. The sound is closer to a Shure SM58 than a Green Bullet.
- VOX Valvetronix VT20+. Has several baked-in effects. Will occasionally use an octave setting for depth, and may spot in other effects just for the halibut.
- Often will just plug directly into the board. Ain’t skeered.
- Mute: Bandanna wrapped around the head of the mic.
- Sax: Right now using a Jean-Paul to learn on – cheap but not terrible. Will want to upgrade soon. My go-to mouthpiece is a Rico Metalite M7 (inexpensive and loud), with Vandoren JAVA reeds.
Disclaimer: Most of these are affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission for sales made through this site.